For the first time in 4 years we are able to gather all our clubs and meet again in person. Let’s take the chance to strengthen our connections with each other. Our community means so much for us, with your fellow Toastmasters you have the support for personal growth. Every week, in 18 different locations, there are personal stories shared. Vulnerability shown, leadership practiced, laughter and joy. Now we bring all that energy to a 2 day conference. Think of the lovely friends from your club, and imagine that there are as many of these potential friends in the other clubs. Who are they? Lets find out by meeting them in person (or online through hybrid).
Saturday and Sunday 1-2 April
For now we don’t ask for entry free, as we are within the division budget. We keep you updated
CLUB COMPETITION! – the club with most registrations win a prize (Either Yes, No, Maybe). Follow here in REAL TIME: https://cutt.ly/48VF9gn
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 872 5488 6173
Follow the creation process and communicate on Facebook:
Here’s a sneak-peek of the conference agenda*:
Saturday starting at 09:30 (Approximately)
- Division Contest – Cheer on the contestants and see who’ll take the gold in table topics, evaluation and speech contests.
- KEYNOTE-SPEAKER – From toastmaster to professional speaker, Jesper Caron will tell us all about his journey from Borås Toastmasters to becoming a traveling speaker with a packed audience.
- DINNER and awards
Sunday from 10.00 to 15.00
- WORKSHOP in any of the following: handling a tough crowd, social speeches, dare to clink the glass, mindfulness on stage.
- We’ll wrap things up with a CITY WALKING TOUR – TABLE TOPICS around central Gothenburg, where we’ll pretend to be guides and perform table topics for each other.
- Improv for Table Topics
- AI speech training with Yoodlii – Toastmaster’s new tool
- Stage Fright – techniques to handle it.
- Poetry and talent show
Club Growth Director Khushi Pasquale will be visiting us from Germany. She is one of the winners of the District 95 International Speech Contest. Don’t miss your chance to ask her how to write a winning speech.
*The agenda is subject to change as it is under development. Things might be added or removed as we work through it.
Day1: Volvo Lundby, Camp X, South East entrance from Prästvägen 8 Hisingen (Don’t go to the wrong entrance which is close to Eketrägatan). Count on a 10 min walk from the tram station at Eketrägatan (or Gropegårdsgatan). FOLLOW THE MAP BELOW – IT’S EASY TO GO WRONG! IF USING GOOGLE MAP – TYPE “VOLVO LUNDBY, CAMP X”, NOT “CAMP X”. Count on 10 min to correct if you go to wrong entrance
Day2: Lundby, CampX
Travel & Accommodation
Train: SJ, MTR-express and FlixTrain all provide priceworthy tickets within Sweden. E.g., 3,5 hours from Stockholm
Good hostels: SnoozeMoore (close to Venue), STF in Majorna.
Toastmasters in Gothenburg – maybe reach out to your fellow Toastmaster from other cities and offer a sofa?